Position: Lead, Strength & Conditioning Coach
Location: 55 Gordon St., Whitby, ON Assignment: Part-time (20-28 hrs/week) Pay Rate: $19.00/hour Start date: August 2019
You Belong Here! Working as a team, our common goal is to improve quality of life, social and economic inclusion, and health and wellbeing for Canadians of ALL abilities. Together we are shaping the future, constantly looking for ways to improve how we operate, communicate and innovate. Abilities Centre is a workplace where you can learn, develop, be your true self, and have fun, all while realizing your fullest potential.
The Position: Reporting to the Manger, ASAD, the Lead, Strength and Conditioning Coach will implement strength and conditioning programming for junior aged ASAD (Academy for Student Athlete Development) student athletes.
The Academy for Student Athlete Development (ASAD) is a high performance, innovative, holistic and inclusive athletic and academic program designed to support student athletes in grade 9-12 as they strive for success at provincial, national & international levels of competition. The athletic program is designed and delivered in partnership with provincial & national sports organizations to ensure alignment with the Long-Term Athlete Development model.
• Deliver and monitor a year long strength and conditioning program to predominantly junior aged student athletes (grade: 9-10) in the ASAD skills streams (volleyball, basketball and soccer) and individual sport athletes (skating, mountain bike and others)
• Develop, oversee and implement strength and conditioning sessions for Parasport athletes, Special Olympic athletes, individual sport athletes and junior high school aged athletes
• Work cohesively with program partners, Elite Training Systems, in the delivery of the Strength and Conditioning program to assigned athletes
• Liaison with physiotherapy partners, Neuro-Changers, for injury updates in order to modify strength and conditioning programming
• Perform fitness testing baselines, Q2, Q3, Q4 in relation to PSO/NSO and sport standards
• Cultivate a member-centred environment through exceptional customer service
• Foster a work environment that values and encourages teamwork and empowerment
• Establish rapport and maintain effective relationships with members, staff, volunteers, visitors and community partners
• Attend staff meetings as required
• Other duties as assigned
• NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist and/or NSCA Certified Special Population Specialist
• Degree in Physiology or Kinesiology an asset
• Minimum 2 years experience working with multi sport athletes, program planning and implementing
Lead, Strength & Conditioning Coach (2019-08-06) Page 2
• Experience in program design
• Current, valid First Aid and CPR ‘C’ / AED required
• Current, clear Police Record Check for the Vulnerable Sector required
• Knowledge of accessibility and accommodation issues an asset
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; knowledge of Legend Recreational Software or similar membership software an asset
• Strong leadership and motivational skills
• Calm presence and able to alter coaching strategies based on the population one is coaching
• Approachable, open-minded and willing to work with all ASAD partners
• Professional business English skills, verbal and written
• Able to manage multiple demands through well-developed organizational and time management skills
• Keen attention to detail, effective planning, organizing and time management skills
• Results oriented, shows great initiative, and able to work independently without close supervision
• Dedicated to customer service that exceeds expectations
• Effective team player with positive attitude, whose interactions demonstrate accountability, authenticity, and collaboration
• Good interpersonal and relationship-building skills demonstrating rapport with people of diverse backgrounds
• Must be available to work days (M-F, 8AM – NOON); possibly evenings and weekends
Deadline to apply: August 22, 2019 @ 5:00 PM
Do you have the all the right background plus the drive to improve lives by bringing people together to explore opportunities, discover passions, and fulfill aspirations? If so, apply now: You Belong Here.
To Apply: Please follow hyperlink to https://abilitiescentre.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=121
Abilities Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. www.abilitiescentre.org/employment
Active Life Conditioning is a multidisciplinary training centre located in Collingwood Ontario. Consisting of conditioning coaches and various therapists we are looking for a strength and conditioning coach with a keen interest in young, elite and developing athletes as well as the ability to train the general population.
The job description includes programming and implementing age-appropriate youth strength and conditioning programs to both groups and individuals and the ability to fitness test teams, clubs and groups.
Must be able to work both independently and in a team environment with other strength coaches and therapists.
Minimum requirements is a BSc in an applicable program and CSCS certification.
Interested applicants send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
PEAKS Lifesyle NOW HIRING
Responsibilities will include:
-Taking the role of Designated Coach for approximately 50% of PEAKS’ membership base
-Ensuring positive health & performance outcomes by regularly monitoring Members’ progress and measuring results
-Creating and distributing safe and effective strength & conditioning programs in accordance with Members’ goals and capabilities
-Coaching/Personal Training on the floor in a private, small group, and/or team setting
-Administration of standardized fitness testing every 3 months
-Digital communication with Members whenever needed
-Contribution to facility maintenance and day-to-day operations
-Completion of independent projects (e.g.: hosting workshops)
-Cross-promotion of Mindset, Nutrition, and Recovery services offered by PEAKS Lifestyle Head Strength & Conditioning Coach
This position offers:
-Part-time to start with full-time hours (40 hours/week) commencing Sep.1, 2019
-Salaried position (compensation based on experience)
-Yearly educational funding
-Degree or Diploma in related health field (e.g.: kinesiology, health promotion, physical education, etc.)
-Personal Training Certification (NSCA, NASM, canfitpro, CPTN, ACSM); preference given to candidates with CSCS designation
-First Aid/Standard CPR Certification
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years of Personal Training/Coaching experience
Ongoing availability during PEAKS’ standard operating hours
An existing client base is not required, but is considered an asset
Preference given to candidates with 2+ years experience in injury rehabilitation
111-2222 South Sheridan Way, Mississauga ON
Phone: (289) 805-5522
Candidates are invited to submit their résumé in person or by email:
Submission deadline: July 5, 2019
Benefits of working at The Dynamic Athlete:
- Passionate athletes who love what we provide
- Fun sports culture
- Training home of the Toronto Rock Lacrosse Club and Oakville Blades Hockey Club
- Training and skill development-Both Training and Business/Marketing/Sales
The Dynamic Athlete is looking for enthusiastic people with a passion for sports and inspiring individuals to be the best they can be. We are currently looking for individuals for the following roles:
Part-time Sports Performance Coach
- Preferably Certified through the NSCA
- Preferably with a degree or currently obtaining a degree in a related field
- Experience working with young athletes, either training or as a camp counselor
- Great attitude, has fun, always positive
- A nice person, coachable, loves learning and inspiring others
- Knowledge of Lacrosse is an asset, but not mandatory
Active Life Conditioning Inc, a multidisciplinary clinic in operation for 9 years, is looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and passionate Physiotherapist, Athletic Therapist and Chiropractor to join their team.
Interest in exercise and movement patterns in the therapy paradigm is important. An opportunity to work in small group environments is possible. Clientele range from elite to young athletes, general population and seniors.
Interest in collaborating with other practitioners (RMT, AT, Strength and Conditioning coaches, Kinesiologists) is essential.
The 5000 sq foot Training & Therapy Centre with amazing outdoor space is located in Collingwood, which is a great place to work and play or raise a family. With Georgian Bay, the Escarpment, nearby Ski hills and Mountain bike trails it is an endless outdoor playground for an active individual or family.
ProEdge is the premier athletic training facility in HRM servicing all levels of athletes of various sports. We’ve had the privilege to help develop young athletes from novice up through to the highest level of minor and competitive sports, as well as work with some of Nova Scotia’s top pro athletes.
Using science-based athletic training and our state of the art facility, we are also able to help our fitness clientele to get results and train in a way that helps them live healthy lives.
Our mission is to offer world-class training to the athletes of Atlantic Canada, and use athletic training to improve the fitness and health of our community.
We are looking for a skilled coach to help our growing company continue to thrive and make an impact on athletic development here in Nova Scotia. Our team has years of experience and passion for training, this creates a great atmosphere to learn and grow as a coach with opportunities to build a lifelong career as a strength coach. As much as our team picks each other up, we are looking for a candidate that is eager to learn but also brings something to help our team continue to stand out.
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate to learn and build a name in the industry
- Certified with the NSCA, CSEP, or ISSA
- Experience training athletes at various levels
- Experience as a competitive athlete
- University degree in related field
- As hockey is our biggest sport at the moment, we are giving preference to Coaches with a hockey background in either coaching or play, both being ideal.
- Train athletes of various sports in classes, one on one, in teams, and small groups
- Train fitness clients using athletic based training in class, small group, and one on one setting
- Program design and tracking for all clients
- Working with us to help build up a clientele with outreach and other business development.
- Maintaining an organized and effective schedule
As a Strength and Conditioning Coach at ProEdge, you will be apart of a team that is leading Atlantic Canada in athletic development. You will have an opportunity to make an impact on an industry that is growing and on the future stars of sports from Nova Scotia. The ideal candidate isn’t necessarily the one with the best resume but the one who is most eager to make a difference and to be apart of a team that is making a difference.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- training: 1 year (Preferred)
Strength & Conditioning Coach
- 3713 Kensington Ave, Burnaby, BC V5B 0A7, Canada
Join a young vibrant organization committed to optimizing athlete performance for life. Located in Burnaby, BC – Fortius Sport & Health is a state-of-the-art 148,000 sq ft facility that is home to a performance and fitness training centre, FIFA-standard turf pitch, NBA/FIBA/collegiate lined gymnasium, human performance lab, sports medicine clinic, 50-room lodge and a chef-inspired bistro. Our vision is a sport culture strengthened by athletes achieving their full potential and realizing the life-long benefits of sport. Our mission is to optimize athlete performance for life by integrating sport medicine, science and healthcare experts in an athlete development centre that is strengthened by philanthropy.
Learn more at www.fortiussport.com
The focus for this role will be working with athletes of all levels and abilities who are interested in taking an active role in improving their health, increasing their physical fitness, and optimizing their performance. Our coaches actively deliver private coaching, small and large group training, as well as providing leadership and support to variety of program areas. As Fortius continues to grow and evolve, this role requires initiative and a strong ability to be self-motivated while continuing to support the vision of the Fortius Fitness & Performance Centre.
What you’ll be doing:
- Taking direction from the Director, Sport Performance on all issues relating to the development and delivery of strength, conditioning and training programming and services;
- Reporting to the Manager of Lifelong Wellness, for monthly meetings and guidance with day to day responsibilities
- Developing and delivering individual and group goal-oriented training programs for clients of all ages and abilities, with a focus on our life-long wellness clientele
- Engaging with Fitness & Performance Centre members and clients with an enthusiastic, knowledgeable and customer service oriented approach;
- Performing functional movement screens and incorporating results of functional, physiological and biomechanical assessments into client training programs;
- Providing introductory consultations to prospective members and clients in the Fitness & Performance Centre;
- Preparing and delivering educational seminars on a variety of health and fitness conditioning topics for a diverse clientele;
- Integrating and working collaboratively with Strength & Conditioning colleagues and other members of the Fortius Practitioner team;
- Actively prospecting and pursuing new contacts and clients;
- Participating in departmental meetings, training and in-services and clinical studies and research activities as required.
- Masters degree with a focus on Kinesiology, Human Kinetics, Sports Sciences or a related field;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a practicing strength & conditioning specialist in a multi-disciplinary environment;
- Current strength and conditioning credentials are expected (i.e. NSCA-CSCS, CSEP-CPT);
- Experience in training clients in one on one settings, groups and teams.
- Experience training Chronic disease and special population experience is an asset
- Current First Aid and CPR certifications
- Exercise Physiology would be considered an asset (i.e. CSEP-CEP, ACSM-CEP)
- Ability to deal with issues with the utmost professionalism and confidentiality
Some of the Perks:
- Discounted Fitness & Performance centre membership and team fitness classes
- Food & Beverage and retail discounts for onsite bistro and sporting goods store
- May be eligible for coverage under our comprehensive benefits package
- Free parking and a central convenient location
- Opportunity to actively participate in the professional practice community with research studies and community events
PRIVACY & CONFIDENTIALITY
We appreciate your interest in Fortius Sport & Health and we will review your application as soon possible. Please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of our professional commitment to privacy, all candidate information will be kept in the strictest of confidence.
All successful candidates will be subject to background check, including criminal and education verification.
must indicate interest on company website
Strength and Conditioning Coach
P3 Sports – Calgary, AB
$40,000 – $90,000 a year
P3 Sports is looking to hire a Strength and Conditioning coach to train their athletes in Cochrane, AB. The successful candidate will have experience working with youth athletes from various sports.
Hours will be mornings and evenings during the winter months and mornings/afternoons during the busy summer months. Pay is $30-45/hr depending on experience and education.
For it more information call Brad @ (306) 717-3490.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year