Strength and Conditioning Coach Job Posting
Title of Position: Strength and Conditioning Coach – Soccer Performance Center
Term: Permanent Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Remuneration: Salary and benefits are according to internal ETS salary policy and based on experience.
Announcement Date: February 1, 2022
Closing Date: March 14, 2022
Elite Training Systems (ETS) is seeking a full time Strength and Conditioning Coach to join our team in Whitby, Ontario. The successful candidate will become part of a world class athletic development program that believes in a commitment to excellence in all areas of the athlete’s development.
Elite Training Systems Inc. was opened in 2012 with the goal of helping athletes achieve success through proper athletic development away from the field of play. We provide this development to athletes from all sports and ability levels and have grown to 4 locations. All our facilities are equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and professional coaches who strive to provide guidance, coaching and mentorship to our athletes. For more information on Elite Training Systems, please visit our website www.elitetrainingsystems.com
Summary of Responsibilities: Under direct supervision provides; collaborative program design, planning, execution and supervision of periodization plans and player training programs for ETS athletes, team training, player evaluation and supervision of the LTAD for Whitby FC.
- Execution and supervision of player training sessions
- Responsible for development of both the in-season and off-season performance programs for each athlete/team
- Responsible for the development of the player evaluation program and conducting scheduled testing sessions
- Ensure the proper maintenance and general upkeep of all fitness equipment in The ETS Soccer Performance Center
- Communicate with on-field staff and management at Whitby FC
- Lead all training sessions, oversee staff
- Maintain comprehensive training records for all athletes
- Opportunity to travel with assigned teams when required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledgeable in strength and conditioning techniques for adolescent athletes
- Soccer background/experience is preferred
- Knowledgeable in effective injury prevention and risk management protocols
- Ability to lead and guide adolescent athletes and create an environment that encourages athletes to reach their potential
- Knowledgeable of techniques facilitating a safe return to participation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to staff, athletes, parents, and other personnel
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and other computer programs
- Must maintain all qualifications, certifications and continued professional development
- Ability to follow the philosophies, policies, and procedures of Elite Training Systems Inc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, Phys Ed, Sports Science with 1-2 years of related experience.
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS)
- Respect in Sport (RIS) / Concussion Awareness Training Tool
- Valid First Responder Certification
- Class 4 license and driver’s abstract or must obtain within 30 days of hire
- Criminal record check and vulnerable persons check
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.