EXOS is a leader in the field of human performance, a category it created more than 20 years ago. For two decades we’ve stood side by side with the very best, coaching individuals, teams, and communities to higher levels of performance. And we’ve done it all by pioneering and leveraging sports science and proprietary tools across mindset, nutrition, movement, and recovery.
Today, EXOS employs more than 4,000 people in over 400 locations worldwide. With award-winning facilities, sports medicine clinics, technology, and services, EXOS connects people to the solutions they need. We provide comprehensive game plans, regardless of skill and sport, based on time-tested fundamentals and research in order to help people take control of their health and performance. EXOS is trusted by hundreds of clients including leaders in business, technology, health, community organizations, and world champions in sports. Now we’re leaning into our rich heritage to move the brand forward. In 2020, EXOS founder and president Mark Verstegen brought on industry vet Sarah Robb O’Hagan as CEO to lead the company into its next chapter.
Culturally, we promote and reward humility, one team and tenacity as some of our core values and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment where all of our team members feel empowered to grow and bring their whole selves every day. We celebrate the diverse voices and perspectives of our team members, knowing that diversity of age, race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status and national origin, among other social identities, drive innovation, belonging and fuel our work.
Job Summary:POSITION OVERVIEW
Our vision is to create a thriving culture of well-being that inspires people around the world to take care of themselves and each other. As the leader in human performance for the last 20 years, EXOS serves clients of all backgrounds and experience levels through the utilization of award winning facilities, sports medicine clinics, technology and services to bring creative solutions to their health and performance. In addition, EXOS is dedicated to inclusion by removing barriers across race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and ethnicity. This allows the talent and skills of each team member to shape our culture. We believe this is the foundation to every high performing team, and the reason why EXOS is trusted by hundreds of clients including leaders in business, health care, community organizations, and world champions in sports. Empowering our people is who we are. Upgrading lives is what we do.
This position comprises 32 hours per week of coaching and facility management responsibilities and up to 8 hours per week of fee for service programming. This enables the position to be benefits eligible, have access to our world class continuing education perks, and begin delivering high impact programming to end users.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
You demonstrate the desired skills, behaviors, and mindset to create and deliver effective programs and experiences both in person and digitally. You must be able to work in a collaborative, fast-moving, and ambiguous environment while managing time effectively and be willing to lead a task or project to completion. You are excited to support and grow your personal training client base. Skills, behaviors, and mindset include but are not limited to:
You efficiently design experiences with the users in mind
You deliver articulate and effective communications
You influence others to achieve results
You develop an inclusive environment in person and digitally
You are motivated by being part of a team
You are adaptable and able to adjust on the fly without getting tripped up
- Design Programs- Using EXOS methodology, you successfully design programs for users of varying ability and goals with an emphasis on quality movement, careful instruction, and safe results.
- Deliver Services- You skillfully lead users through workouts both digitally and onsite, while demonstrating proper movement quality to ensure maximum levels of success for all participants. This could include group classes, workshops, team experiences, personal training, and small group training series for specific populations (some of which are part of our membership services program).
- Administer Assessments- Routinely schedule and perform consultations and assessments for users to better understand their abilities, goals, and limitations.
- Build Communities – You lead by example in assisting with digital and onsite opportunities for connection. You actively take responsibility to help promote and participate in community events designed for maximum participation, and track engagement accordingly.
- Maintain Facilities- When onsite, you take pride in the appearance of the facility and strive to maintain a clean and organized work area. You value efficiency and take pride in a safe space for users to utilize the equipment.
- Represent the EXOS Brand- Proudly represent the team both digitally and in person during meetings, video, and special events. You clearly articulate the scope of service delivery to users in a creative and thoughtful manner.
- Develop Skill Sets- Vigorously seek out opportunities to learn and grow. You utilize internal education resources such as EXOS University to hone skills, and collaborate with peers to stay on the cutting edge in the industry. You welcome feedback and dialogue around your own performance and work to build off of your strengths.
- Solve Problems- Utilize creative solutions to provide the highest level of customer service and ensure no barrier stands in the way of users and their goals.
- Share Insight- Effectively communicate to all stakeholders on the account. You are willing to share thoughts, concerns, and opportunities to those around you and work toward an identified common goal.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Nationally recognized certification, preferably NSCA-CSCS, NASM or ACSM
- Minimum 2 years experience creating and executing fitness programs or completion of EXOS Performance Internship
- Minimum 1 year personal training experience
- Excellent computer skills including G Suite or related products
- Effective interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- High energy, with ability to use your voice to motivate and inspire users of all fitness levels
- Ability to create and deliver a class experience both in person and digitally via streaming platform
To prevent the infection and spread of COVID-19, and as an integral part of its public health and safety measures, EXOS requires that all successful applicants shall be required to show proof of full vaccination by an FDA-approved COVID-19 vaccine before beginning employment, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise. Applicants believing they need an accommodation of this policy because of a disability, sincerely-held religious belief, or otherwise should inform People Operations after an offer of employment is extended; please do not include any medical, genetic, or religious information on your application materials.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!
We are an equal opportunity employer
EXOS is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws. EXOS provides reasonable accommodation to employees and applicants for employment who have disabilities. You may request reasonable accommodation, in writing, by reaching out to our People Operations department at: