Job Opportunity: Strength & Conditioning Lead, Helix Performance
Helix Performance is excited to add a Strength & Conditioning, Sports Science Lead position to its Athlete Development staff. This role will help the company continue to provide the highest quality programming to its athletes.
Location: Helix Performance, 573 Alness Street, Toronto, ON Title: Lead S&C Job Type: Seasonal (Spring/Summer with potential to stay full-time) Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week Salary: Hourly, commensurate with experience and ability to off-load work from business owner Job Start Date: Immediately
The Strength & Conditioning, Sport Science Lead is a key position, and will be responsible for overseeing approximately 25 high-performance hockey and basketball players. Duties will include working with and supporting the business owner, while taking the lead on the daily implementation of workout programs.
- Degree in physiology, kinesiology, biomechanics or related field preferred, but not required
- CSCSC/NSCA or related certificate (completed or in-progress)
- Experience working with traditional weight-room programs as well as field/sprint based programs
- Practical understanding of Long-Term Athlete Development principles
- Experience and comfort in working in a team-based environment, relating to athlete on a 1-on-1 basis
- Willingness to use a ‘question-everything’ mentality that puts the athlete at the centre of the process
- Strong self-awareness, willingness to self-evaluate, take feedback and thrive in a pressure-packed but
and extremely enjoyable environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
Please send all resumes/inquiries to Dr. Jason Izraelski at email@example.com