University of Toronto Varsity Blues job opportunities
Fitness & Performance Coach – (Deadline: December 31, 2021)
Position Title: Fitness & Performance Coach
Position Type: 1 Year Contract, Casual Non-Union
Hours: Full time including evenings, mornings, and some weekends
Salary: Commensurate with Skills & Experience
Application Deadline: December 31st, 2021
Application Process: Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Under the Umbrella of Sport & Rec, within the Faculty of Kinesiology at the University of Toronto the Fitness and Performance program aligns itself with the vision and mission of the faculty. It offers participants a comprehensive, integrated Fitness and Performance experience with clear learning outcomes, positioning the University of Toronto Sport and Rec as a leader in wellness, physical activity, and high-performance programming. The department offers Fitness and Performance programming that is seamlessly integrated with FKPE research, practice, and experiential learning to meet the needs of a broad range of participants. Fitness and Performance services create a holistic experience for participants through all the phases of their physical activity journey, assuming high quality standards and an understanding that will satisfy participant needs.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Primarily responsible for the oversight of multiple varsity teams, including but not limited to assessment, design, implementation, and evaluation of fitness & performance programming.
• Work in alignment with and in support of a participant/athlete centered movement-based framework, set of principles, and language that is shared across the entire fitness & performance department
• Assist in integrating and embedding sport and exercise science, wellness, research and program development, planning and delivery within specified team and recreational programs
• Work together within an Integrated Support Team (IST) to plan, review and strategize optimal sport performance on a team and individual level
• Develop positive, working relationships with coaching staff that places the student athlete at the forefront of development
• Assist the Lead Coach Fitness and Performance, in the development and mentoring of the staff within the Fitness and Performance student leadership program