McMaster Performance, the Marauders’ elite-athlete training program, in partnership with McMaster University’s Department of Kinesiology, are hosting a three-day Performance and Wellness workshop to engage leading industry professionals and those exploring a career in strength & conditioning or human kinetics. The event, hosted at the Marauders’ new, state-of-the-art High Performance Area from August 5-7, 2022, will feature guest speakers, panelists and interactive workshops covering a range of topics on biomechanics, coaching strategies, clinical integration, motivation, career paths, and more.
“Here at McMaster, we understand the importance of seeing things from a holistic perspective when it comes to training and performance with our student-athletes” says Ben Bahrami, Manager, HPA and High Performance Programs.
Dylan Kobsar, Professor in the Department of Kinesiology at McMaster University, is excited to work with McMaster Performance to offer a unique workshop that will benefit professionals in a number of areas.
“We want to provide a learning opportunity to other coaches, trainers, practitioners, and undergraduate students that highlight a variety of aspects when it comes to working with athletes, clients and patients” said Kobsar.
The event will open with a women’s-only day with dedicated programming on continuing education and professional development for women, obstacles and solutions in the industry, and networking opportunities. Over the weekend, workshops will also offer continuing education units provided through the National Strength & Conditioning Association**.
McMaster Performance is extending an open invitation to colleagues, students and professionals to participate in the event in-person on campus, or tune in virtually, for a weekend of learning with industry experts. Tickets are on sale now and can be purchased at marauders.ca/tickets.
Additionally, McMaster Performance announced that it will be offering the opportunity for attending McMaster University students to receive a scholarship of up to $1,500 to support pre-season assessments of athletes in its programs.
- Danielle Boiago – Coach, Niagara River Lions (CEBL), McMaster Marauders women’s basketball (OUA)
- Melissa Doldron – RMT, SportStretch provider, Myodetox, Toronto Blue Jays
- Jackie Jarrell – Owner, Gold Performance Training
- Ali Kershner – Director of Creative Strategy, Art of Coaching
- Kelsey Marshall – Lead Athletic Therapist, Brock University
- Chris Chapman – Director of Sport Science, PUSH
- Dr. Dylan Kobsar – Asst. Professor of Neuromechanics, McMaster University Dept. of Kinesiology
- Dr. Jimmy Onate – Co-Director, Movement Analysis & Performance at The Ohio State University
- Sachin Raina – Head Sport Scientist, Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL) and University of Toronto instructor
- Malik Corbett – Toronto-based Kinesiologist, Asst. Strength Coach, Toronto Marlies (AHL)
- Yuki Fukushima – Orthopedic & Pelvic Health Physiotherapist, Cornerstone Physiotherapy
- Sheereen Harris – PhD candidate, Excercise and Health Psychology, McMaster University
- Daniel Smith – Founder & CEO, onlythestrong Personal Training & Fitness Education
(Subject to change)
- Integrating Clinical to High Performance Setting
- Private Sector Entrepreneurship
- Motivation and Behaviour Change in Coaching
- Pelvic Floor Therapy
- Different Career Paths within Kinesiology
- $125 WEEKEND PASS
- $75/ DAY PASS
- $25/ DAY PASS WOMEN IN PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP
- $50 STUDENT WEEKEND PASS
- $30/ STUDENT DAY PASS
- $10/ STUDENT DAY PASS (FRIDAY – WOMEN IN PERFORMANCE WORKSHOP)
- $50 VIRTUAL PASS
- Food & Refreshments
- CEU’s with the NSCA** (Application being processed for allocation of specific CEU’s each day)
(Limited tickets available)
Friday, August 5th: 3pm – 8pm [WOMEN ONLY]
Saturday, August 6th: 8:30am – 5pm
Sunday, August 7th: 8:30am – 3pm
High Performance Area Building (Google Maps)
1280 Main St. W
Hamilton, ON – L8S 2L8
(HPA accessible from Forsyth Ave. N)
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org